Thursday 2 July 2009

Tournament Tribulations: Deviant Detected!

Dictated in Dalaran by Crampleflap Fizzlewrench...

Theft at Argent TournamentFOLLOWING the theft reported in Icecrown last month, more information on the culprit has emerged this week. The thief stole thousands of golds worth of equipment from the tournament and tensions between Horde and Alliance have been running high since.

Earlier this week Crusader Jereck Serethil - nicknamed ‘The Golden Crusader’ for his exploits in the Order of the Silver Hand and The Golden Light - chanced upon an intoxicated Gnome in the Underbelly of Dalaran, and uncovered new information regarding the incident.

Having filed the original story on this case, Jereck was more than happy to fill us in on what has been going on...

"Hail, brother."

"My, you're a tall one, Jereck!"

"Heh, thank you."

"So we hear that you spoke to a Gnome about the theft?"

"Yes, I saw him laying down in the sewers, and due to my oath as a paladin, I stopped to help the poor fellow. As I knelt by him I noticed multiple Champion’s seals scattered around him and on his person. Calmly, realizing that these were some of the stolen goods, I shook the Gnome awake. Then I asked him where he acquired the seals. After rigorous questioning he informed me that they belonged to a Human, and that he was staying in Dalaran in the Ledgermain Lounge and that this man had dropped a bag whilst walking through the sewers."

"Oh? So what did you do then?"

"I helped the Gnome to his feet and re-claimed the stolen seals, gave the Gnome my blessing and continued to the Ledgermain, where, sure as day, I spotted a Human rogue at the counter flipping a seal with his thumb. I began to walk over to him and then Amarial Sunsworn walked in. Being the only witness to the case I was surprised to see him in such close proximity to the thief."

"Corruption at the tournament?!"

"Far from it, master Gnome. As soon as Amarial spotted the cur he yelled out “THIEF!” startling him and forcing him to run. I chased him to Krasus’ Landing, cornering him. I told him that he should turn himself in and not to incur my retribution, but the man was crazy, he leapt off the edge. Looking over I could see he had a parachute on. Unfortunately we were unable to apprehend the fiend due to weather conditions."

The Golden Crusader provided a description on the thief: He stands about 6ft tall and has deep hazel eyes, he has shoulder-length blonde hair and a scraggly beard. He also has a distinct scar underneath his left eye and a runic tattoo on his right forearm. Anyone who spots the thief has been told not to apprehend him unless they are sure of their combat skills.

The Argent Crusade has offered a 1000 gold reward to anyone who captures him alive. The thief will need to be questioned and the stolen goods returned so please do not kill the criminal unless you have no choice.

Addendum: Tribute to the Fallen

Icecrown - MonumentOnce more we are saddened to report the following losses of brave defenders of both factions. Let us hope that their souls are at rest and that the Light will watch over them.

Remember our fallen heroes:

  • Dunthor Rooblat - deceased
  • Crusader Lendrick Stoutheart - deceased
  • Justicar Plaran Lorth - deceased
  • Justicar Wubsplink Boomcrank - deceased
  • Crusader Joran Mulrow - missing in action
  • Champion Dorabor Roundbelly - missing in action

No comments:

Post a Comment